Thursday, June 21, 2007

art

I found this today completely by chance after first finding the awesome FancyPants site (I was looking for an image to go along with the word fancy) and randomly choosing other places to visit - I love looking at art gallery sites online and once, I even bought a really expensive painting from a great gallery in Portsmouth, NH (Nahcotta) completely on a whim (when I could do that sort of thing, pre-new-sewer-pipe-needs).

I think my favorite piece on the Blue Bottle site is "Thaw"...how the snowman is listing slightly to the side, how the tree is bare but with no snow on the branches...also "Moon" is pretty neat, it reminds me of Tim Burton.

Speaking of him, if you haven't seen his books, they're weird and wonderful and I can't wait to buy them for X.

No comments: