Friday, June 22, 2007

Cesaria Evora

One day I went to get my requisite caffeine boost at Starbucks and I actually went in the store instead of going through the drive-thru. I'm glad I did, because I heard Cesaria Evora for the first time and just fell in love with her music. Several of her albums are on iTunes, emusic has a couple compilations of world/folk music with a song or two of hers, and there are a couple of her performances on YouTube. Her website (http://www.cesaria-evora.com/) has a lot of information, including a newsletter and discography. I'm a little embarrassed to say I found out about her at Starbucks, but hey, their Hear Music stores are awesome, and if it's good, it's good, right?

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Anders and I saw Cesaria at a venue in Madison, Wisc. She was awesome. She must have some kind of power, because she lit up a cigarette on stage during a singing break while her band played a couple numbers - no one called the fire department and no smoke alarms went off.